The Naval Cryptologic Reserve Association
In 2006, a group of Navy Security Group reservists created the Naval Cryptologic Reserve Association which folded into the Naval Cryptologic Veteran’s Association in 2018.
NCRA membership was open to all current and former affiliates of a Naval Reserve Information Operations Command (NR NIOC) unit or a Naval Reserve Security Group (NRSG) unit and to all personnel currently or formerly assigned to support or monitor those units. All rates and all ranks are invited.
- Provided fraternal, social, and recreational activities for members and guest.
- Advocated strong and adequate U.S. Armed Forces sufficient to maintain security interests worldwide.
- Supported efforts to preserve and strengthen the security of capabilities of the cryptologic agencies of the Department of Defense.
- Encouraged and supports the preservation of the history of cryptology by members of the Association and appropriate Federal agencies.
- Conducted reunions, usually in conjunction with the Naval Cryptologic Veterans Association.