Reunion Plan Update
After much evaluation, deliberation and consultation, a consensus was reached: We are going forward with our 2021 reunion at Ft Worth, with a few modifications. All modifications will be published on this website and in the Spring 2021 CRYPTOLOG.
Read the Reunion Overview!
The pandemic has dealt the NCVA Board of Directors and reunion planners a tough poker hand. Deciding how to respond has been a long trek, even to the point of seeking a formal legal opinion.
Keeping our shipmates and guests safe is our paramount consideration.
Attendance at the reunion means risk—a COVID outbreak is possible and deaths could result. All who attend must understand this. The hotel and the tour company (MRP) have told us that they are following CDC guidelines.
The reunion will open on Wednesday, June 16, not Tuesday and will run through Sunday morning, June 20.
The hotel is continuing to guarantee the room rate at $155 for our attendees. However, the number of rooms being held for us has shrunk, so we encourage you to make your reservations soonest if you are planning to attend. Go To…
- The hospitality room is the biggest change to the activities. Coffee bar and snacks are covered in your reunion basic $35.00 registration fee.
- The hotel will provide a bar in the hospitality room on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- Happy Hour prices apply as long as the bar is open.
- The hotel will keep the bar open as long as it is making money.
- For those who had already paid the full hospitality room fee, your fee will be refunded.
- The tour provider has a 35-person minimum.
- Changes to the tours now offered will be published here and on the vendor’s website by Saturday, 13 March 2021.
- The new minimum results from the light signup as of 28 February.
- NCVA will refund the $10 administrative fee to those who incur a loss if MRP does not.
- Note, there is no loss if an individual takes another tour or if he or she cancels the reunion registration. So, please sign up for the available tours!
- Other events – the Golf tournament, NCVA General Meeting, Awards Ceremony, and Banquet – are unchanged.
- We are waiving the $10 fee for the Good Cyber Practices mini-course. You still need to register for it.
- Additionally, we are looking at other in-house entertainment options, such as a casino afternoon, card games, blackjack lessons, old movies, historical talks, etc. All of program additions will be announced at the reunion.
For those who have already registered, any refunds will be made in person at the reunion for those who attend. Otherwise, refunds will be made by check after the reunion. Note, if you paid by credit card, your refund will be a check, not a credit back on your card.
Knowing that there will be some members who will be unable to attend this year, we are working with the hotel to make the Award Ceremony and Banquet guest speaker presentations virtually, via Zoom. Zoom links will be provided for the various activities and only those registered will be admitted to the Zoom sessions.
For this option, we are offering virtual participation fee of $20, due by 10 May. There is no on-line registration form for this option.
If you wish to participate virtually, send your email address, phone number, and check toNCVA Reunion 2021
C/O Bob Craig
PO Box 394, Boerne, TX 78006-0394
Annotate your check “for virtual reunion June 2021.
NOTE: The virtual participation fee is non-refundable.
We hope that you intend to be with us — physically — in Fort Worth for the Reunion. To do so, you can register and pay the $35.00 fee by personal check, credit card, or your PayPal account online. Go to…
Who’ll Be There?
Check the list of shipmates who have registered online to be with us in Fort Worth!